Cheeseburger Quesadillas//mpr($recipeDetails); ?>
Time: 10 min Prep: 0 min
- 6 Mission® Medium/Soft Taco Flour Tortillas
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Seasoned Pepper
- 1 cup purple onions, diced
- Cooking spray
- 1In a skillet, cook the ground beef, adding seasoned salt and pepper, until completely cooked. Drain off the juices and place the beef in a medium-sized bowl.
- 2Pour the two cheeses and onions into the bowl with the hamburger meat and thoroughly mix. Place an equal amount of the cheeseburger mixture on each tortilla.
- 3Fold each tortilla over to create a "half moon" and press down lightly.
- 4Coat the skillet or griddle with cooking spray and warm to a medium heat. Lightly brown each quesadilla for two to three minutes on each side until the cheese melts.
- 5Remove quesadillas from the pan and cut each into 3 wedges. Serve with your favorite cheeseburger fixings like lettuce, tomatoes and pickles.
Substitute extra lean ground beef, chicken or turkey for the regular ground beef called for above to make these quesadillas leaner.
If you are looking to reduce the fat and cholesterol in your family’s diet, choose a skim milk or fat free variety of cheese.