Chocolate-Dipped and Candy-Coated Pinwheels//mpr($recipeDetails); ?>
Time: 185 min Prep: 30 min
Serves: 10, 4 pinwheels each
- 5 Mission® Medium/Soft Taco Flour Tortillas
- 1 (11 oz. pkg) Caramel baking bits, melted according to package instructions
- 1 (12 oz. pkg) Semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted according to package instructions
- 1 (8 oz. pkg) Peanut brittle, finely chopped
- 1Lay five Mission® Medium Flour Tortillas on a flat work surface; next spread each evenly with 3 tablespoons warm melted caramel, sprinkle each evenly with 3 tablespoons chopped peanut brittle, and drizzle each evenly with 2 tablespoons warm melted chocolate. Begin at the bottom and roll forward into a cylinder, cover, and let sit at room temperature for 2 hours.
- 2Slice each into 8 equal pinwheels, half-dip each pinwheel in melted chocolate as needed, dredge or sprinkle with more chopped peanut brittle, allow chocolate to set at room temperature, and serve.
1. Place peanut brittle in food processor and pulse until finely chopped or place in heavy zip top bag and crush with a rolling pin or mallet.
2. Substitute glazed or spiced nuts for peanut brittle if desired.
3. Chocolate dip the pinwheels in various ways to add variation and visual interest.