Ground Beef Soft Tacos//mpr($recipeDetails); ?>
Time: 8 min Prep: 2 min
Serves: 5, 2 tacos each
- 10 Mission® Medium/Soft Taco Flour Tortillas
- 2 lbs. Lean Ground Beef
- 2 pkg. Mild Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup Water
- 1 1/4 cups Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- 2/3 cups Pico De Gallo, prepared
- 2/3 cups Pepperjack cheese, shredded
- 1Heat a non-stick, medium size sauté pan over medium-high heat; on the stove top. Place raw ground beef into pan and brown (approximately 5-6 minutes); then drain. Place drained cooked beef back into the non-stick sauté pan; add both packages of taco seasoning and water. Continue to cook until water is gone and beef is thoroughly mixed with seasoning. Reserve warm.
- 2While beef is cooking place Mission® tortillas in microwave to warm (30 seconds).
- 3Fill one warmed tortilla with approximately 1/3 cup of reserved taco meat, top with 2 tablespoon of lettuce, 1 tablespoon of pico de gallo and 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese.
- 4Repeat for remaining tortillas.
1. Frozen grilled steak strips can be used in place of ground beef in this recipe.
2. Shredded Monterey Jack cheese can be substituted for pepperjack cheese if your family doesn’t like spicy foods.
3. Shredded iceberg lettuce can replace the mixed greens or shredded cabbage if so desired.