Sizzling Steak Tacos//mpr($recipeDetails); ?>
Time: 15 min Prep: 7 min
- 8 Mission® 96% Fat Free Heart Healthy Soft Taco Tortillas
- 1/2 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 Green Bell Peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. 1/4 inch thick long strips Skirt Steak or Flank Steak
- 1-2 small Jalapeños, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- Iodized Salt to taste
- Fine Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Corn cooked
- 2 Plum Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 Avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 1Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and reserve.
- 2Add steak to skillet and cook until no longer pink, about 2 minutes add jalapeño, cumin, chili powder and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to heated bowl and reserve.
- 3In a medium sized bowl combine the corn, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, vinegar, and oil. Reserve.
- 4Warm tortillas over gas flame or electric burner (or microwave per directions on package) until they begin to color. Transfer to a napkin-lined basket.
- 5To serve, arrange the basket of warmed tortillas and the three reserved bowls (peppers/onions, steak and corn mixture) and have your family assemble their own tacos at the table.