Santa Fe Grilled Chicken with Black Bean Tacos//mpr($recipeDetails); ?>
Time: 23 min Prep: 5 min
Serves: 4, 2 tacos each
- 8 Mission® Medium/Soft Taco Flour Tortillas
- 1 lb. Chicken Breasts, skinless, boneless
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray to coat
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 2 cups Low-Fat Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Low Sodium Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups Green Leaf Lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup Red Onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- 1Pre-heat grill to medium-high.
- 2Spray each chicken breast with non-stick cooking spry and season with salt and pepper. Grill chicken breasts for 6 minutes a side or until the internal temperature is 165˚F. Slice each breast into 8-10 thin slices and set aside.
- 3To make each taco; spread a ¼ cup of cheese over one tortilla, next add 2 tablespoons of black beans on one half, then add ¼ cup of green leaf lettuce, 1 tablespoon of red onions followed by 1 tablespoon of chopped tomatoes.
- 4Spread 5 slices of grilled chicken over the tomatoes and fold in half, lightly spray a Panini press with non-stick spray and press for 1-1-/2 minutes or until the tortilla is crisp.
- 5Repeat for the remaining 7 tortillas. Serve 2 tacos per person and enjoy.
1. Grilled sliced steak could be used in place of the chicken in this recipe.
2. Add dashes of chipotle hot sauce for a bit of spice.