Roasted Veggie, Black Bean, & Cheese Wrap//mpr($recipeDetails); ?>
Time: 20 min Prep: 0 min
- 4 Mission® Life Balance® Whole Wheat Tortillas
- cooking spray
- 1/3 cup commercial salsa
- 6 ounces yams, peeled and sliced into 4" strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, stemmed and sliced into 1 /2" strips
- 1/2 yellow or green bell pepper, stemmed and sliced into 1 /2" strips
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced into large sections, separate the large sections into individual pieces
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup drained black beans
- 1/2 cup cooked instant brown rice
- 1/2 cup grated cheese, such as mozzarella or Monterrey Jack
- 1/3 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1Coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Place salsa in a strainer and let drain. Set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, toss yams, peppers, onion, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and olive oil until well coated. Place on cookie sheet and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until vegetables are soft and golden, stirring once to avoid burning.
- 4Assemble wraps: Place a tortilla on a clean, dry surface. Spread 1/4 of the vegetable mixture, black beans, rice, and cheese in middle. Top with 1/4 of the cilantro leaves and a tablespoon of the salsa, then, tightly roll tortilla into a burrito and wrap in plastic wrap to compact and allow it to form a roll. Repeat this step for remaining three wraps. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 4 servings.