Fiesta Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas//mpr($recipeDetails); ?>
Time: 70 min Prep: 0 min
- 8 Mission® Life Balance® Flour Tortillas
- Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast (approximately 1 pound)
- 1 medium onion, diced (approximately 1 1 /2 cup)
- 1 red pepper, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 can diced green chilies (4 ounces)
- 2 cups + 1/4 cup low-fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2/3 can red Enchilada sauce
- Tabasco, Salt, Pepper to taste
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8"x11"x2" baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Pour chicken broth into a small frying pan, heat to simmer, add chicken breast, cover and simmer until no longer pink, turning once (approximately 25 minutes). Cool and shred.
- 3In same frying pan, add onions and red pepper. Saute over medium heat until soft, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4In a large bowl, place chicken, onion-pepper mixture, beans, corn, cilantro, chilies, 2 cups of the cheese, and sour cream. Toss until thoroughly blended. Add tabasco, salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Place 1/8 of mixture into center of each tortilla, roll and place in baking dish. When all 8 rolls are completed, pour Enchilada sauce over top and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake for 35 minutes, or until sauce bubbles and enchiladas are heated through. Makes 4 generous servings of 2 enchiladas each.